City and County Pavement Improvement Center
Established in 2018, the City and County Pavement Improvement Center (CCPIC) is a UC Institute of Transportation Studies special initiative lead by the UC Pavement Research Center in partnership with the California State Association of Counties, the League of California Cities, and several California State University campuses, including Chico, Long Beach, Cal Poly, and San Jose. The CCPIC helps cities and counties in California maximize the value of their investments in local streets and roads by providing the most advanced, cost effective and sustainable pavement practices, science, tools, and resources tailored to the needs of local agencies.
The CCPIC supports California cities and counties through the following five areas of activity:
- Delivering training and technology transfer,
- Developing guidance, specifications, and tools,
- Establishing and delivering a pavement engineering and management certificate program,
- Creating and operating a resource center, and
- Providing research and development support.
To learn more, please visit the CCPIC website at: www.ucprc.ucdavis.edu/ccpic